So for todays post let get into some mistakes that you need to avoid:
- Not Collecting Emails from Day One
Have a “subscribe to” newsletter link on the side of your blog.
Also have the right call-to-action (CTAs) in the right place such as the end of blog posts.
The CTA should be clear and to the point, and they should tell the reader what your email subscription has to offer. Be direct and simple, use compelling language, and create a sense of urgency whenever it’s possible.
- Not Promoting Your Blog Posts
Please remember that just because you have written an epic blog post, this doesn’t mean that traffic will automatically come your way. You need to promote it to get eyeballs on the blog post, get it in front of people. You can do this a number of ways:
- Email your subscribers
- Share on social networks
- Advertise on Face book
3. Having too many Popups
Having popups is a great to get people to subscribe to your newsletter but should be used in moderation, I have been on blogs and got several pop ups and they really annoyed me, the first one when you visit the site or click on a blog post but have too many and I closed the blog entirely because of too many popups so remember in moderation.
- Doing Everything Alone
Now this is more of a helping hand. You should definitely outsource some of your tasks to freelancers but you would also outsource tasks that you don’t have any experience in such as graphics, images, more content etc. There are a few sites that will help you do this.
- Not Developing Your Blog after Launch
Have you ever visited a blog hoping for new content, only to lose interest in it quickly because it never seems to go anywhere or there is never any update?
Don’t underestimate the importance of your blog development. There is always something you can so to present your content better maybe uses images whatever changes you make is to make the blog better looking and also to improve the overall visitor experience.
- Starting a Blog without a Monetization Plan
Every blog should be able to stand on its own financially speaking without much input from you.
Now you may ask how do I monetise my blog. Here are a few proven ways to monetize your blog:
- Promote affiliate products in some of your blog posts and sending promotional emails.
- Sell informational products such as e-books, educational courses etc. These do not have to be very difficult to produce, you can just write about what you know which you already do on your blog.
- You could offer consulting services and private coaching sessions.
- Ask for donations. If your visitors like what you are writing about and leave positive comments then there is no harm in putting a donation button at the bottom of your posts or somewhere are the side of the blog..
These are just some of the ways but there are others such as free traffic and also paid traffic as well.
So till next time.